Orthopaedics East & Sports Medicine Center takes protecting your health, and the health of our employees, very seriously.
Effective March 25, 2020 we will be offering TeleHealth Visits to qualifying patients. For more information or if you would like to schedule a visit please contact our Appointments Department at 252-757-2663.
In order to limit the spread of Coronavirus (COVD-19) we ask you to follow these guidelines:
- We are screening all patients entering the facility.
- We ask that friends and family stay home or sit in the car during your visit.
- Cancel and reschedule your appointment by calling (252) 757-2663 if you have symptoms of illness such as cough, fever, or respiratory symptoms or have recently traveled from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html#geographic
- Take steps to protect yourself
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
- Prepare a family plan to get your household ready https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/home/checklist-household-ready.html
- We appreciate you following the CDC guideline by wearing a mask or protective face covering to your appointment
How else are we protecting you?
- We’ve increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of clinic and common areas
- We have removed magazines and other items from our waiting areas
- Patients exhibiting symptoms will be asked to reschedule their appointments until symptom free for 24 hours
- If you need additional testing, therapy or surgery, our schedulers will contact you by phone to schedule to minimize the frequency of face-to-face interactions.
- Our employees will adhere to Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and not report to work if they have symptoms of acute respiratory illness and fever
We are monitoring the situation carefully and following CDC and
Department of Health guidelines. We appreciate your help in protecting the
health and safety of our patients, community and staff.